1. We have developed, implemented, continuously maintain, and make regular improvements to our personal information protection system.
2. We fully inform senior executives and all employees of the aforementioned personal information protection system, and the entire company works to ensure compliance with it.
3. We manage personal information collected in an appropriate manner. We shall inform individuals of the scope of use of their personal information and shall obtain their express consent. We shall not disclose or provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the consent of the individual concerned, except when there is justifiable ground such as a life-threatening crisis or violation of the law.
4. Our personal information protection system complies with the law, governmental guidelines, and all other norms pertaining to the handling of personal information.
5. We are fully aware of the risk of harm due to personal information leaks or loss, and we are committed to preventing and addressing those risks.
6. Please contact us through the contact information listed below if you have any questions or complaints regarding our handling of personal information and our personal information protection system.
Contact name: Metropolitan Gallery Inc. METROCS Overseas Sect.
Updated on August 4, 2021
Metropolitan Gallery Inc.
We utilize the personal information we obtain from members as follows.
We use personal information for the following purposes. We shall not use personal information for any reason other than for these purposes.
In the event that we need to use personal information for purposes not set out below, we shall notify our members or obtain their consent.
(1) To validate the identity of members
(2) Use of the service by members and related contacts
(3) To send e-newsletters (if the member opts in to receive e-newsletters)
(4) To send greetings and catalogs.
(5) To fulfill any other services which we offer (including the provision of all forms of information to members as well as product sales promotions)
(6) To provide services which we consider beneficial to members (including but not limited to our services), to offer information regarding products and services of our sponsors or business partners, and for our marketing or other plans.
(7) To conduct surveys and results analysis for quality management of our services.
(8) To contact members about information which significantly affects the operation of our services (including but not limited to major changes to the content of our services and suspension of our services).
(9) To provide information on members and their purchases to payment gateways and credit card companies for the purpose of preventing unauthorized transactions.
(10) Depending on the e-commerce platform we use, we may provide personal information to third parties or their associated service providers (hereinafter collectively referred to us "EC platform service providers") which are responsible for payment processing, data analysis, email communications, hosting services, and customer service on our behalf.
(11) To contact members to obtain consent for the use of their personal information.
In the event that we consign administrative duties for our services to others, we may entrust members' personal information to the consignees after taking measures to protect personal information.
In such cases, we shall select consignees which meet our requirements for the handling and management of personal information, conclude an agreement on the protection of personal information, and strictly oversee their operations.
(e.g., we may consign delivery of our products to third-party couriers or customer service to outsourced companies).
1. We shall not provide personal information to third parties excluding the following situations:
(1) We have obtained consent from the member himself/herself
(2) We are collecting, analyzing, or using personal information to improve our services, develop related businesses, conduct marketing on behalf of our business partners, etc.
(3) We disclose or provide the outcome of the collection or analysis mentioned in the preceding item to a third party in a form which does not identify or specify an individual.
(4) We find it necessary to disclose or use personal information to provide services to members.
(5) We send information including advertising for ourselves, our business partners, or third parties and service contents to members.
(6) Personal information is provided in compliance with laws and regulations.
(7) The provision of personal information is necessary to safeguard the life, body, or property of us, our members, or any third party, or for the protection of any of the services we offer.
(8) It is necessary for improving public health or ensuring the security of children.
(9) It is carried out in cooperation with a state organ, local government, or individual or business operator entrusted by either of the former two to execute affairs prescribed by laws and regulations upon receipt of an official request from the authorities for disclosure of personal information.
2. We may provide personal information to EC platform service providers.
3. We may provide personal information to external service providers such as Facebook, Google, and Twitter if these accounts are linked to our services or used for authentication.
When a member requests disclosure, correction, termination, suspension, or withdrawal of consent (withdrawal for residents of the European Economic Area only) of the use of personal information, we shall first validate that the request was from the member himself/herself, after which we shall respond to the request without delay within the scope of our responsibilities in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information as well as other laws and regulations.
Members acknowledge that they may not be able to receive our services once part or all of their personal information has been suspended or deleted. (Personal information which is retained pursuant to relevant laws and regulations may not be suspended or deleted.)
In accordance with laws and regulations, we will create anonymously processed information that cannot be used to identify specific individuals and cannot be used to restore the original personal information through appropriate processing methods and will continue to provide anonymously processed information to improve customer service.
The items of anonymized processed information that we create shall be as follows.
"Member ID, product information, purchase history, store of purchase, number of purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase, purchase channel, number of purchases, order ID, shipping prefecture, gender and survey response details."
The Company will not provide anonymously processed information to third parties. The Company will take necessary and appropriate security control measures for the management of anonymously processed information, including prevention of leakage, loss, or damage.
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) data encryption on the pages of our website where you submit your personal information so that no third party can read your information.
You can also opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by deactivating Google Analytics in your browser's add-on settings. You can disable Google Analytics by downloading and installing the "Google Analytics Opt-Out Add-On" from Google's Opt-Out Add-On Download Page and changing the add-on settings of your browser. If you disable Google Analytics, Google Analytics will also be disabled on other websites that you visit. You can also re-enable Google Analytics by reconfiguring your browser add-on.
Google Analytics Terms of Service:
Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on:
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), in addition to the previous policies, you have the following rights with respect to the personal data that we collect and process.
(1) Obtaining information about data processing
You have the right to obtain from us all necessary information regarding our data processing activities in relation to you.
(2) Access to personal data
You have the right to receive confirmation from us as to whether or not the personal data relating to you is being processed, and if so, you have the right to access that personal data and certain related information.
(3) Correction or deletion of personal data
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data relating to you corrected without undue delay, and to have incomplete personal data made complete. You also have the right to have your personal data erased without undue delay if certain conditions are met.
(4) Restrictions on the processing of personal data
You have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted if certain requirements are met.
(5) Objection to the Processing of Personal Data
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data relating to you if certain requirements are met.
(6) Data portability of personal data
You have the right to receive personal data relating to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transfer such data to another controller without hindrance from us, provided that certain requirements are met.
(7) Exclusion to automated decision-making
You have the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated data processing (including profiling) that have legal or similarly significant effects on you if certain requirements are met.
(8) Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise the rights set forth in this section, please reach out to the contact information.
You may object to our processing of your personal data to the data protection supervisory authority of the member state in which you reside, work, or where the GDPR breach occurred.
Please contact us through the contact information listed below if you have any questions or concerns about your personal information.
Contact name: Metropolitan Gallery Inc. METROCS Overseas Sect.